Mrs. Uppman is the Baroness of Time Travel, Duchess of Space Exploration, Countess of Mad Sciencetry, and Ultimate Tour Guide of the Human Body. She received her high school degree from Whitmore Lake High School in the year 2000 and graduated five years later from the University of Michigan with a degree in Education (major: Science, minor: Language Arts). She loves to paint and color, create elaborate bulletin boards and fix up old furniture to use in the classroom. If she’s not careful, Mrs. Uppman may one day find herself sailing off into the sunset on a pirate ship, as she has a deep fascination for the eye-patch wearing gang and a pirate t-shirt collection to prove it.
Her realclassroomideas.com website has received over 2.6 million views as of April 2014.
She has served over 1100 teachers through Sprout Classrooms as of April 2014.
– Design Thinking in the Common Core Classroom, Stanford University
– Elkhorn Slough Reserve Certified Teacher
– Good Teaching Conference, San Jose
– Asilomar Math Conference, Monterey
– California Writing Project
– Learn from the Disney Masters: Design Thinking for Educators Workshop
– Design Thinking for Educators, Stanford University
– The Wonder of Learning (Reggio Emilia Conference & Exhibit)
– Big Ideas Fest
– Honeywell Space Camp for Educators
– TRIBES Training
– Kids in the Garden: Using Gardening in the Schools
– Cultural Inclusion Accelerates Achievement
– Restructuring for Effective Education: Differentiated Instruction
– Six Traits Writing Workshop
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Kat Uppman. For questions about this blog, please contact kat at sproutclassrooms dot com.
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the topics written about in this blog, but never the opinion given within the posts. This blog often promotes products that Kat has purchased from Teachers Pay Teachers for her own classroom and found highly useful without any request from the original creator. Good products will be promoted and shared, with or without compensation.
The owner of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog may receives compensation for posts or advertisements, she will always give her honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.